Coco Loco Cupcakes!
*Decadent chocolate cupcakes with sweet bananas and chocolate chips, topped with a delicious coconut buttercream and shredded coconut.*
For the cupcakes:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 C. water
1/3 C. chocolate syrup
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1/2 C. dark chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas
For the buttercream:
1 C. vegetable shortening
1 2lb. bag powdered sugar
2-3 tsp. coconut extract
coconut milk (as needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Spray cooking spray on the tops of the pans to prevent sticking.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs and wet ingredients. pour in cake batter mix and stir until combined.
3. using a 1/4 cup measure scoop cupcake batter into the cupcake tins. DO NOT fill the 1/4 cup measure all the way. Just a little less than the full cup.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool for atleast 15 minutes.
1. In an electric mixer, put in shortening in bowl and whip until smooth.
2. slowly add powdered sugar and coconut milk. Alternating between the two until buttercream is moist, smooth, and easy to work with.
3. add coconut extract and whip for 2-3 minutes.
1. pick any size and shape pastry tip and insert into a pastry bag.
2. Fill bag with buttercream and swirl on top of cupcakes.
3. top the buttercream with sweetened coconut. You can toast the coconut if desired.