Join our Team of Producers!
IDEAL FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS LOOKING FOR INTERNSHIPS AND FOR POST GRADUATE STUDENTS LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE.
What We Do?
Our program offers students:
- Hands-on experience in a news show by having the opportunity to practice the skills learned on set locations and live television.
- Training on hyperlocal news reporting, news package production and TV appearance as on-air talent and TV correspondent.
- The opportunity to write scripts, create rundowns and book guests for the show.
- Control room experience and camera operator training.
Interns at LMC-TV:
- Are un-paid, but you get take your title, experience and work with you!
- Must be enrolled at an accredited four or five-year college/university leading to a bachelor or advanced degree and must receive college/university credit for their internship.
- Must be able to provide proof of their college/university credit prior to starting their assignment.
- May work during the Fall, Spring, or Summer college semesters full-time or part-time.
- The hours of work for college credits will be determined by your school.
Ideal candidates at LMC-TV:
- Must have initiative and willingness to be part of our news team by pitching his or her own stories and bringing fresh ideas to our production team.
- Should be able to generate story ideas, gather information, to produce and present stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, relevant and meaningful.
- Should be interested on either on-air performance, news writing, one-man-band reporting or editing.
- Must have a basic understanding of Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere.
FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We prefer volunteers with experience but if you have none, we train you to be part of the production team. If you want to be a reporter or a host, please submit some videos of your on camera presence. The most important requirements is to have initiative and have willingness to learn. Send your resume and cover letter to Senior News Producer Sheyla Navarro at email@example.com to request an interview.